From our 15+ years of experience, here are the things we have learned:
- Don’t overpack.
- Reef safe sunscreen is very much appreciated to help protect our oceans and the wildlife within them.
- Leave expensive jewelry at home.
- Long sleeve sun protection shirts for swimming and boating.
- Hat and sunglasses.
- Basic First Aid kit: Advil, Imodium, band aids,etc
- Water proof bags and Ziplock bags for boat and panga rides.
- Call your cellular carrier about international phone plans.
- Get the WhatsApp App. You can call and text internationally for free.
- Make photo copies of your passports.
Bring small bills for tipping at hotels, airports, boats. Basically anytime someone helps with your luggage.
- Ask your credit card company about possible travel insurance that is already included with your card.
- Wet wipes and small packet of tissues are always nice to have on hand for those unexpected bathroom emergencies.